If you do not follow me on social media then you may have missed me posting about this months ago. I figured I would post it in here since we are on that topic a little bit right now.

Scammers are not only causing a problem with you as a potential client losing your money but they are causing a safety issue with us on the other side.

A few years ago a scammer managed to get quite a lot of money out of somebody and they thought it was me and it was very obviously not me at all. But I digress. Not everybody has the experience etc to be savvy enough to see this a mile away. Anyway of course they contact me but they don't realize that I am not the person who scammed them they really think it's me. Of course they are sending me very nasty messages and I am trying to be kind and take a look at the account and messages to try to help them figure out that this is a scam artist and not me and try to educate them but they think that I'm lying so they started making Twitter accounts yelling into the world that I scammed them out of money.

I wish I could say this only happened to me the one time but it actually happened to me twice. The second time the person finally listened to me because my emails were so long and helpful and I guess finally woke them up and they concluded that I did not scam them and they apologized but this is after they were screaming all over their own social media accounts that I did, to my 5 figures in followers.

Unfortunately it gets worse as I have been sent death threats by people who think that I scammed them, yelling at me that I won't get away with it. Imagine my emails blowing up with 25 emails a day and then again the next day when they make a new email account and another time and another time....

I am not the only Pro who goes through this, there's quite a lot of us.

Isobel Devi had a scammer pose as her and talked to and slowly stole $1,000 out of someone who wanted to serve her. That person showed up at her vanilla other job and was a complete nutcase yelling at her and calling the boss over and telling the boss what Isobel did. It took forever for this really angry person to calm the heck down and realize what actually happened and that Isobel didn't do this.

Please know that ignoring scam accounts online and not instantly reporting them not only hurts other people who are trying to do appointments who you probably don't really care about but it definitely hurts us and might get us hurt or worse.

It's becoming kind of scary for us now.

We actually care we don't want you to be scammed it makes us taking appointments a million times harder. We don't want this to happen to you. For every ethical reason imaginable and every reason that could affect you booking an actual appointment with us imaginable.

We would really appreciate it if you would do your part in reporting a lot of those accounts immediately. At least 50 of us have written blogs, tweeted educational tweets and do almost every year to try to help you all not get scammed.

I do it every year personally. We are constantly trying to post reminders and educate you all.

If you are reporting people on a regular basis we really appreciate it ??

Edited by Michelle Lacy (05/05/24 02:57 PM)