In the last several days, I have read posts by three different posters who have expressed some regret about their mistress visits. They have expressed regret or mixed feelings or a wish or plan to quit, etc.

a few months ago, at maxfisch, one fellow wrote that his bdsm activities were a curse or he regarded them as a curse.

have any of you been blessed or helped or changed in positive ways as a result of your mistress visits?

Despite the posters who claim that mistress visits are a curse, there is one fellow who posted at maxfisch that he seemed or was more at peace after a mistress visit.

There is a book out by a former domme and she shares some of her experiences at various places. In one place . . . and I believe it was in a dungeon in New York . . . a fellow came in and expressed some of his fear of water. He had some fear of water due to some accident or incident when he was younger, if I recall correctly. As he expressed his fear, the two mistresses he was with grabbed him and with some force and insistence placed him as much as they could in a situation similar or identical to what he was afraid of. He did not directly ask for this, but they took his statements in a way that led them to place him in water.

I forget the details. I don't remember if they put his head in a toilet bowl or if they used some other container of water in some way.

Afterwards, he was grateful to them and the domme who is writing the book, implies he felt that they had helped him.

Do people see dommes for psychological benefits? Well, maybe not always, but for this one guy, in this one case, it seems like he did.

When psychological studies are done of bdsm populations or of bdsm populations compared with ordinary populations, bdsm practictioners seem to have better mental health and more happiness and less anxiety.

Which led to which? We don't really know for sure. However, what we do know is that various forms of bdsm have been practiced for thousands of years and that in those cultures in which they were practiced, they are sometimes a part of religion and sometimes considered good for health, healing, luck and fertility. Of course, pro-domme visits as such may not have existed in the same way at all points in known human history . . . but in Rome, there were women who ran nude in the streets while getting swatted for fertility. Among the native American Indians, it was common and expected in many tribes to undergo painful rituals to become considered an adult. In some native American Indian tribes, you got to get bitten by ants while bound or they were on you. The exact form of the practice varied from tribe to tribe . . . you did not pay a domme to bind you and feed you to ants . . . but your parents or tribe elders did it for you anyway . . .

So, I wonder if there is some psychological and spiritual benefits some of the people experience and which they simply do not report as much as you who are writing that you plan to quit or bdsm is a curse or . . .!!

Edited by ztrade (02/11/16 08:28 AM)