When I see the dommes I see, I tend to have a few limits I specify, which tend to be no cbt or nip torture or ballbusting and there is a vast area which I did not list as an interest or as a "limit."

At times I have an unstated limit I did not or do not mention just cause I assume or assumed it would not come up . . .

Also, it seems from stories that some dommes write and from some reviews and accounts of subs, and it is implied in some "clips for sale," and other similar clip venues that some dommes will nudge or guide or do what they can to persuade a guy to abandon his having a limit in this area or that, and obviously, a lot of subs do. Some do it to make the domme happy; some do it because they think she is beautiful and want to be nice to her; some just change their limits over time; some do it for various other reaons.

Some subs change their limits from one session to the next. Some subs has different limits with different dommes. Some subs reportedly change their limits in a session, maybe, depending on how one reads the account.

Obviously for most dommes with most subs, the obvious violation of a stated limit would mean the guy will be upset or not come back . . .

But there certainly seems to be persuasion or suggestions, by many excellent dommes, to the sub to go beyond or set aside a limit in that session. Some guys allow it and some subs do not.

In a session lasting 2 or 3 hours, which is a common session length with some dommes, it seems fairly natural, for at least some dommes, to gently push or persuade or suggest going beyond a "limit."

Most subs do not distinguish much between a hard and soft limit and most websites and contact forms of dommes do not ask for limits broken into "hard limits" and "soft limits," with soft limits meaning that they may be compromised and open to negotiation!

One well-known domme in Seattle writes for publication in one of the Seattle alternative newspapers and she explicitly says that one of her great joys is to have a sub, and over the space of several sessions, expand his tolerance into new things he would have regarded as a limit previously!

So, limits expand or contract over time . . . Usually limits get smaller over time for most subs, and usually it takes place from one session to the next . . . Or so it is reported.

I and probably many subs have done things or allowed things we would not have done or allowed on our first visit ever to a domme or after the first visit with a domme.

One fellow wrote a review of a session with a domme in New York, and said in the review he posted at maxfisch . . . the domme and I agreed that I would not have a limit on such-and-such topic . .. Or, my limit in that area fell away she was so nice or entrancing or however he put it!