Mistress Ayn
I suspect most men consider themselves to be take charge kind of guys. When contacting you a "prospective sub" probably has no idea what he is or what he is really looking for......
For me, I don't feel like Im a sub. I like to act like one for two hours a month.....but once my bell is rung, I go back to being that same "take charge" guy that I like to think of myself as............until next month's two hour appointment.

Call me crazy, but Im not ashamed that I really enjoy the excitement of being ordered around by a hot dominatrix or two for a couple of hours a month. I may feel a little guilty about it though.
Weak? No way. I dont feel guys who enjoy this are weak....Every guy I know would love to trade places with me for a two hour break from reality every once in a while. Most of us just don't want to admit it I think.

Your Shakesperian line in your subject reminds me that you probably are also familiar with Maslow and his hierarchy of need. Which explains how some of us guys are very ego driven and we need to explain how unique we are.....so you can treat us different than the usual suspects........maybe even let us see behind the curtain.

Perhaps these conversations blather on because they argue as you explain that are not so unique.....instead, maybe you tell them Wow, I've never heard of such a unique person, and that perhaps you could figure out a way to work with their special unique needs.
Letem eat cake.
Best Regards....... and hope to see you again some day
The Driver