Being a man, I weigh in here with a certain amount of trepidation.

In most jurisdictions, "prostitution" is defined, roughly, as "performing a sex act for money." Just what a "sex act" is may or may not be enumerated. In any case, there's enough uncertainty for LE to do pretty much do whatever it wants.

What I'm asserting is that the common Domme website disclaimer, "Domination is not prostitution" has no legal meaning. Sex work of all types (and even mass-market musical performance, consider the holy roller suing the NFL over the Super Bowl halftime) is stigmatized by someone, somewhere. If that someone is the district attorney in an election year, watch out. If a defendant can afford a really good lawyer, she can argue her case in court. Good luck.

I suggest that we ought not to judge what sort of sexual behaviors grown-up humans consent to do of their own free will in private. In fact, I'd go further to say that we ought to respect their agency and vigorously support their choices.

(Just realized this is my first post over here. So I probably should say I've been posting over at MF, although not often, for many years.)