Originally Posted By MsRoseWoods
My point is, and will always be, real Dommes and prostitutes have nothing in common. Prostitutes are not our sisters. They are willful lawbreakers, who are exploited by men and shunned by society.

I hate to see articles on Domme boards about prostitutes.

Ahem. Let me try to be a polite about this as I can muster.

I would not have such a superior attitude about your job as a Dominatrix. Ms. Woods. Your average person make little to no differentiation between what a "prostitute" does and what you and I do.

"willful lawbreakers"

In some jurisdictions, you can get arrested for being a BDSM professional. And in other jurisdictions, in the right circumstances, which ended up not going in your favor, you could be prosecuted for accepting payment for providing what some people consider a "lewd" act. In that case, you will be charged as "prostitute".

Because you don't see "prostitutes" are your "sisters" doesn't mean the rest of us don't. I support all sex workers, adult professionals, or whatever words you want to describe the kind of word we do, and I fight for our collective human rights.

Exploited by men and shunned by society? This is standard anti-sex work activist rhetoric. They, like you, don't realize that this is exactly what the Patriarchy wants you to do: Shame women about using their bodies and sexuality in the way they choose and then gaslight them by saying they're "exploited", thereby erasing their agency.

Please rethink your view here. We don't need any more hatred and vitriol directed at *anyone* in this industry.