Originally Posted By junglebeast
the physical intimacies I was encouraged to provide - massage and grooming to name two - I know would never be offered, advertised, promoted, etc. by any Mistress I've ever heard of. The whole experience with both was highly intoxicating, but as I said, could be destructive if you can't accept it the proper way.

I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone, but I had to share.

Makes total sense to me. There are a lot of times on this board that I refer to some of my Dommes and refuse to state their actual names for this reason. Because of our relationship and how it had developed beyond pure Pro/client, which may or may not include becoming "friends", I am given certain experiences that are not available to normal clients even if they are willing to pay for those experiences.

I once jokingly posted a thread about a Domme being drunk and on her period that was supposed to be read as "how do I get myself into these messes” kind of thing. Everyone here jumped on it and was like ”I would never let someone play with me when they were drunk” and ”I would just leave if that happened to me” because they took it as a normal Pro session I showed up for.

My reality was that I was basically living with her as a full-time slave for a few days in something that really resembled a lifestyle relationship rather than Pro/client, so she was just living her life and I was allowed to be a part of it. That is not something you can ever contract with a Pro Domme for (although there was a monetary transaction between us as part of my visit to her) nor can you expect your Dominant partner in a D/s relationship to stop being "The Domme" because she was drinking while hanging out with friends.

It is an intimacy that is her choice to offer and a type of friendship but still one with major limits. I am ridiculously lucky in that I have several Women that see and treat me in a way that is beyond the Pro/client boundaries, just like you have had with those two women. It does afford me many privileges and opportunities and it radically changes the experience of both the relationship and our play (although not always in a good way from a kink perspective).

However, with this intimacy comes a responsibility. I am constantly forced to keep in mind that I am not their lover. We are not dating. I am not a friend that they talk to and just decide to get together to do something with on a random Tuesday because neither of us has plans. I may be a special client (maybe even their most special one), but ultimately I am still viewed as a client no matter how connected I feel to them and there are still monetary transactions at the heart of everything (which can be the most confusing aspect because the "business” expectations within these relationships seems to be the one thing they really want to avoid talking about).

That means a distance that can be hurtful at times. It means a much larger chance of losing that relationship by crossing a boundary that you may not even know exists (it is easy to know that you show up at an appointed time and say "Yellow” when something is making you uncomfortable, but much harder to know when/how it is appropriate to express how you are feeling about something in the relationship that she has almost total control over). It means having a real and honest view of who, and what, you are to her and the ability to accept that.

It is a dangerous game we play as subs when we cross the easily defined boundaries of Pro/client into the fuzziness of something more than that but less than a full-on real life one, but the rewards of it are generally worth the risk in my opinion.