Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
It is important for Pros to understand that carving out time for a session can be difficult for a client and that the amping up mentally for a session is part of the appeal but it becomes a real let down if the session doesn't happen.

This is true. I think clients need to communicate this kind of thing to us, just like we communicate to them what we need to do to prepare for them. Otherwise, I don't assume clients are going through any tedious process to prepare. Most probably don't. But if I do know, it will help me understand the client's personal circumstances better.

Quote:
Personally I can count the number of times I have canceled on one hand.

That's amazing that in (how many?) years of being a pro that you've only had to cancel 5 times or less.

I think it helpful for some clients to know that when a Domme has to cancel it might not be her being unprofessional but that she has a health condition or some other emergency has happened. I don't cancel often, but I have had to because of an emergency. Like you, Mistress Ayn, I offer extra time on the session as my apology.[/quote]