A lot of clients will never be friends. Prodommes are also into discretion for the sake of their own lives. So, no friendly "hello"s when bumping into each other in pubic.

Knowing someone too much as a human ruins the BDSM chemistry for some subs. I imagine that is also the case for prodommes.

I've read prodommes in the past write that having someone as a friend first, then a client, would create a lot of emotionally awkward situations. I imagine subs who are higher EQ would probably agree with.

OTOH I think there is a lot of room for clients to become friends the way one might be friends with their lawyer, doctor, investment person, acupuncturist, etc.

In another thread, on another board, a prodomme lamented how a regular client of years disappeared one day. She doesn't know if he is alive or dead, well or not. She wrote that if he had to stop sessioning she would have valued a brief goodbye message letting her know he is okay.

I think that is how I would go if I saw a prodomme regularly and became friends with her the way I am with my accupuncturist or investment person. If she decided to retire I would value a message and if I decided to move to the other side of the planet I would let her know and say goodbye.