Originally Posted By palmer
I've done my share of sessioning over the years, and for reasons I am maybe but maybe not figuring out, the last few years have been most heavily on the phone and online, and have involved some financial domination and mental manipulation. This was never really an interest earlier in life. Apparently, from what the small number of phone mistresses I've spoken to, who are kind of at the top of their game, have said is that this trajectory is not uncommon as people get older -- that BDSM becomes more mental and psychological. I think addictive behavior around the internet has something to do with it too.

One thing two different women have said to me is that they provide a more intense experience than a pro-domme. I thought that that was boastful and wrong, but one went on to explain that playing with things like compulsion and addiction are things pro dommes can't really do because of safety reasons. No one wants to create a stalker, or to trigger in a bad way someone who's in the room with you. One also said something about the way in which one books a pro domme, which is a more business-like transaction occurring a specific time and place, versus the way in which manipulative online dommes will create a desire that a sub will want to give in to all the time.

There are certainly things hot and intense about this kind of play. And I do know that there are pro dommes who work with things like chastity, for example, which leaves a mental mark between sessions. But wondering if any dommes out there agree or disagree that the more manipulative, reprogramming psychological BDSM is more of an online thing.

Interesting perspective.