In recent years quite a few Dommes have gotten into lifecoaching. A decade ago "behavior modification" which is very similar was in vogue. That is not why I session but I can see why those might be beneficial for some clients.

In an old thread I noted that transference is a common phenomenon in BDSM sessions. It is why a Domme you first thought was only average looking can become more and more attractive. This also happens frequently in psychoanalysis and is sometimes used by an unethical analyst to seduce an attractive patient. So there is some overlap. I have found it a good practice to be aware that transference is happening and recognize it for what it is. That makes it easier to maintain boundaries. However I have a certain skepticism about psychoanalysis in general (contrary the Cult of Freud its success rate is pretty bad) so I have my doubts that it works better tied to a cross than lying on a couch.

As for crying I did got through 2 phases where I very much wanted to be made to cry. This is a common fantasy with masos. Contrary to a lot of erotica it turns out that it is very hard to pull off with only physical pain. In another old thread I related how I learned this the hard way about 15 years ago. After that I told myself that it wasn't go to happen and moved on.