I'm... not sure if it is real. But the whole experience of BDSM is cathartic.

I have gotten friendly with Mistresses over the years and, as I posted on another thread, the waves of emotion they receive from subs made two or three of them take a step back and take a break from the scene for awhile. That's understandable. I've backed away several times do to the emotional overload, and I guess to process my experiences.

In my case, someone who sessioned for decades, I learned so much about myself and my sexuality. I got into this as a horny, straight college kid decades ago. Even though that horny college kid is still lurking inside of this almost elderly guy now, I learned so much about my own sexuality in a healthy way. I learned to understand and empathize with those whose sexuality or sexual tastes are not mine. (Of course I cannot understand those whose mental illness drives them to sexual crimes against the unprotected.)

Dominas deal with a lot. Less than a handful of times I cried in session, not due to physical pain but revealing emotional stress. The most memorable was with a Mistress, a big name that was on tour, if she would peg me. I was a virgin. She seemed a bit reluctant in our communication prior to the session, but said yes. That day I was a bit depressed, but kept the appointment. I'm a big guy, 6' 1" around 230 lbs. at the time, but she towered over me and is also an athlete.

As the session started I apologized and said I couldn't do it. Tears came to my eyes and I explained I was depressed. She practically carried me to the bed in her hotel suite, put her arm around me, and urged me to talk about it, all the while listening, comforting me and almost rocking me like I was a kid. Towards the end of the session she playfully ordered me to worship her gorgeous feet and long, long legs. She dried my tears, and as I left she gave me a big hug and kiss on the cheek. Therapists don't do that - or they shouldn't - but the result was that I left feeling relieved, wonderful... and lucky I could confide in such a person.