Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa

If you don't like the interface, just use your own email client.

Proton supports POP/IMAP. If you don't know what that is, it basically is a protocol that allows a mail server to talk to your computer. This allows you to use whatever email client you wish, such as Outlook or Thunderbird.

Aha! Thanks for reminding me of why I didn't dive deep into ProtonMail. The first thing I tried when I signed up for it was configuring Thunderbird to talk to the Proton server and discovered that I needed that bridge program, and it only worked for the paid version of the service. Maybe they opened that up to the freeloaders now - I haven't checked.

I decided that since I didn't see using ProtonMail for my routine communication and daily spam, I'd put up with the web-based version. But thanks for the reminder. I just opened up the Proton app on my phone and was greeted with the too-often-occurring-with-everything "Your version no longer works and you need to update." Damn, that's annoying. Can't they leave these things alone? wink