Okay, I'm the old guy. I'll take you down memory lane. My first session, as a college kid who worked three or so months a year and lived at home, was $35. My "job," according to my parents, was to get great marks and save my work money for "incidentals" like clothes, LPs, tickets to concerts and ballgames. The session was with the legendary Mistress Belle de Jour when she was on E. 13th Street. (I guess Belle was one of the "incidentals." LOL!)

BDSM was far, far more underground than today. I found her ad in Screw Magazine, which few knew back then. Using a number of sources via Google just now $35 back then had the buying power of about $200, a real bargain to session with a legend. That was also during a recession and the famous Oil Embargo of 1973-74 when prices for oil and gas quadrupled.

BDSM is an expensive hobby, if I may call it that. $200 today might - MIGHT - get you a half hour session. But I would question the quality of the Mistress, if you did not know her. $300 is about right if you believe the ads, maybe even $400 per hour, for a known, quality Mistress. (I'm excluding the "findom" phenomenon.) Of course, if you are a valued regular of a Domina she sometimes provide extra time, even a price reduction, if you are worthy. Just my 2 cents.