“Here is a question for you, is having an "Affection" for something the same as an actual fetish? Over the years, I met a few clients that were so focused on their "Fetish" that they couldn't enjoy anything else. It was like an itch that could never be scratched for them. I also met a lot of clients that enjoying certain wardrobe and, play but, loved it all. That seemed much healthier for them and, made for a more enjoyable session.”

This really hits close to home. As I stated in more detail in my reply to the op I have a huge fetish for high heel shoes and nude nylons. This is incredibly strong within me and the base for the perv I have become. I’ve probably been sessioning for 35-40 years. I am ashamed to admit this and have much regret that probably for the first 10, even 15 years I would be totally upset and let down if the Mistress did not wear this and could not enjoy the session. Luckily at some point things changed and I have become so much more relaxed about things. The fetish is still very powerful within me but I’ve learned to see experienced Dommes that I trust and just turn myself over to them. I still make my fetish very well known to them but if the bdsm is good the fetish becomes less important in an individual session.