For me a fetish is an appetizer, seduction if you will, of devilishly sensual and erotic surprises to come. It is a triggering mechanism, no question about it.

In my case it is backless high heels. Open toes are best. Open toe backless heels and clear are the ultimate. Or black in the same style. Especially... ESPECIALLY if the Mistress is not wearing any stockings. Just bare legs. (Worshipping feet, after the Mistress wears those shoes, is the fetish.) It provides me the illusion that anything is possible and puts me in the mood.

Years ago, as I got into this fetish, I requested a Mistress to wear those type heels. (Empress Dominique in her NJ studio had great acoustics for this, as well as gorgeous feet and legs.) The Mistress would tell me to get undressed, prepare for Her entrance. I'd be knees and my heart would be racing. Then, from a distance behind the closed door I could hear the "clip, clapping" sound of Her high heels hitting the floor as She came closer to the door.

The "clip" was the first sound of the high heel hitting, usually a hardwood floor. The "clapping" was the usually moist heel of the Mistress released its grip on the sole of the shoe, making muffled echo. I'd begin to sweat, wondering what She would be wearing and what the Mistress was going to do to me... ultimate anticipation.

(After describing this I think I need a cold shower. LOL!)