Good question. I hope others chime in.

Originally Posted By Kneel4Her
I'm curious for Dommes, do sessions drain you emotionally in an adverse way? Does it depend on the session? Obviously you probably wouldn't do what you do unless you had a passion for it. But, I think no matter how much someone may love their career/job, there are drawbacks to deal with.

I can only speak for myself, but I seldom feel drained in a bad way by a session. The only really bad sessions are the ones where I feel zero connection and those thankfully are far and few between and are usually under 2 hours because the person is new to me. I had a 3 hour double with another Mistress recently. The sub was unknown to both of us and it was horrible. Neither of us felt a connection with him. He was a total "dud" in that he gave no feedback no matter what we were doing. When he left we both looked at each other and said "I'm glad that's over" in unison. Even with that I didn't feel drained, just not energized. I could have done another session right after and been fine.

The most draining part of the "work" to me is behind the scenes. Dealing with the time wasters, crazies and also the personal issues/drama of some of our clients. At least that is my take on things.

What you are experiencing is sub-space. It's that kind of spacey, cozy calm. Tops can experience top space. I have experienced it as a similar type of spaciness, when the session is very sensual and I emotionally tap into that dreamy state of the sub. Or it can be highly energetic, like with a heavy corporal session.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn