Originally Posted By alex
Most financial dominants don't really lie

This is where I have to disagree... Selling their fantasy story of a luxiourious lifestyle and constantly being lavished with gifts, is a large part of the culture of findom. Unfortunately, that just isn't true and a lot of what you see is completely made up. A $5 online gift from a sub is manipulated into a $500 one through Photoshop. A pile of gifts from Amazon is actually stuff they themselves ordered. They may be actually fanning themselves with $100 bills in a video but I have been the one behind the camera and seen a FemDom pull that from her stash of session money she made while visiting Detroit so that the findom could make that video.

I have known findoms who makes ends meet through crappy waitressing or minimum wage jobs rather than their findom activity. This is why it is not that unusual to see a findom actually begging for money to make the rent (I mean this as a general thing that you see happen over and over, not that most findoms are ever in this bad of a position).

Behind the scenes many (but certainly not all) are drug addled 20 something's popping Adderall and smoking pot with out of work loser boyfriends they may advertise as their alpha, rather than the incredibly glamorous women they portray themselves as... I have either been a direct witness to it or have been told the story of it by a friend who had shot videos with them.

Originally Posted By Alex
I don't know anything about her, and am just using her name because she's one of the most famous financial dominants. But I don't think Princess Sierra lies in order to get guys to pay her. There's no fake story, there are no fake pictures. It's more like, this is who you are, this is who I am, and you need to do this.

Since you've invoked her, I want to say that I don't know her or anything about her so I don't want my comments from above applied to her as true. But, I will invoke a Canadian findom named Russian Queen M to bolster your general point. Again, never met her personally (although I did interact with her when doing the Domme Travel stuff, and she was nothing but class and grace when I did). However, I was hanging out with a FemDom (who is seriously slipping into findom) who had just visited with her and heard there were no drugs, that she was highly successful from a financial viewpoint and that she, and the findoms in her inner circle, worked incredibly hard across all platforms to earn that success. So, my statements are not true for 100% of findoms and Princess Sierra may be in that class as well...

My point is mostly that since this woman is different from most other women who do financial domination, it's not altogether fair to say, because she does x, y, and z, these other women who don't do any of those things suck.

This is actually the nub of our disagreement. Whereas you put the class of liars and manipulators as the outlying minority... My experience is that they actually are the majority of findoms and the one who stole the pics of a true incident, is just the worst of those.

The essential thing that makes it financial domination is what I said Sierra does -- it's really about that mutual recognition of who the guy is, and who the domme is, and the belief that means that a tribute in exchange for nothing is appropriate.

I agree that financial domination is a valid fetish... Just like wrestling is. I don't particularly have a problem with a woman specializing in that fetish as part of a mutually beneficial relationship... Just like with session wrestlers. Where I have a problem with it is the way that findoms have specifically conflated what they do with FemDom and built a culture of lying and manipulation around this one particular fetish... Unlike session wrestlers who don't conflate the two, even when they participate in both.

FemDoms receive gifts... Sometimes, very large ones... That are not a session payment. I remember when the late Goddess Amadahy was given a brand new car, that she picked out, by a sub (again, not because she posted about it but rather because I knew her). Another Domme of mine (since retired) had a sub help her buy her first house. I, myself, even paid a large portion of a breast augmentation for a breast-cancer survivor Domme of mine who had a mastectomy years earlier.

All of these gifts come out of a caring relationship with that FemDom... So, my anti-findom stance is not about the money or amount of money. It is not about a particular findom and whether that one individual is good and honest in the way they fulfill that fetish for a willing individual. Instead it is about the entire culture of it (which is more stripper like than FemDom in the way it is about the financial manipulation of men through their crotch.. without even the honesty of the naked woman in front of you) and the way that culture of manipulation naturally leads to the heinous behavior that prompted this thread.