Originally Posted By alex
this particular story doesn't seem like the best argument against that scene.

I disagree (although I totaliy respect you and your opinions)... I think this story is the logical conclusion of the way that findoms advertise and act on social media. On the other hand, I 100% agree that many are actually good people who care about the finsubs they take on.

On Twitter you will see me interact and joke around with several who I know... in addition my most intense and personal relationship with a Domme (who absolutely owms a piece of my heart forever) was actually with a FinDom who was very prominent in that scene several years ago (although our relationship had no more to do with financial domination than any other boyfriend/girlfriend relationship does).

However, almost all the things that I think are having a negative effect on D/s in general and Pro Domination specifically come from findom attitudes towards men that they spew all over social media, the fake ass rules they make up and call it FemDom when it isn't, and the fake shit that findoms put out there in regards to their lifestyles and how much they get paid.

This activity has leached over into the FemDom world in so many negative ways because younger Dommes think that findom is actually D/s itself rather than a fetish within it. On the flip side, and I believe this is part of Mistress Ayn's unspoken rant in this thread (that I have actually heard), it has had a very negative effect on younger subs who also have to be retrained by FemDoms into understanding what power exchange actually is about.

My rant is about the culture and the public face of findoms, not necessarily who these established women actually are as people because in that, I totally agree with you.