Originally Posted By AspX
Originally Posted By Kevin_Hayes
I know there's overhead in the BDSM business but the hourly rate is on the level of lawyers and doctors and I seriously doubt the training, schooling, hard work doesn't equal what they have to go thru.

First of all, let's not conflate findom manipulation (which is a skill.. just a very scummy one) with Pro Dommes and sessioning. The amount of equipment, location & travel expenses, advertising, knowledge of both the human psyche and the physical body that the top of the class Pros build over time easily rivals or exceeds what a lawyer does

I think your entire post is spot on Asp, but especially knowing the human psyche and knowledge of the physical body. That is a skill and talent that cannot be underestimated and should not be under valued. Having read about Dommes and experiencing a Domme who are adept at understanding the human psyche leaves me awed. Most days I dont understand people or why they do what they do!

I saw the Twitter post you linked and what she is doing is just sleazy. Unfortunately there are bad apples in every career field. The plus side here is you can do your research and with all the resources on the Internet, you can choose wisely. Spend the time doing research and I would bet 98% of the time you'll find a legitimate professional.

I personally do not understand FinDom as a fetish, but to each their own. This seems to be an area where the importance of doing your homework is paramount. To me, seeing someone on Twitter call subs losers and muppets while demanding these same subs pay their lunch bill is obnoxious. I'm confused as to why anyone would give away their hard earned money to someone who seems to be nothing more than a spoiled brat. Her words and actions do not come across as humiliation, but as mocking denigration towards people. As for what she did, she's a sorry excuse for a human being, and definitely not worthy of being called a Domme.