I'm a reporter by trade, a journalist. Or as Jimmy Breslin once said, "Journalist? I'm a reporter. Those are college words. I don't know what they mean. I chase news." So... I've never had the urge or inspiration to write a novel. I was always too busy and that is a completely different calling.

But based on a post-session conversation three or four years ago with a domina I knew well - after she listened to one of my stories - she said, "You should write a book." If I ever did it would be a memoir and I'd have to change the names of Mistresses I knew (at least ones I didn't know if they were alive) and my own! (LOL!)

The nice thing about this site is that I get to tell a few on the forums, and for the unlucky Mistresses or subs that hit a nerve with a subject and I don't want to go public with, I've PM'd a few real-life "adventures." It seems to be therapy for me.

The "nice" part of this site is is a generational thing or just time marching on. When I was posting on maxfisch under another name 20 years ago (I forgot what it was) I witnessed and was burnt slightly by flame wars that was the rule rather than the exception.

The outside world might not be a "kinder, gentler place" right now but this BDSM forum sure is.