In a post from the lobby I mentioned a slave sitting outside my dungeon to get a glance of my personal life and was disappointed in my pretty normal life.

If you follow anything I write for any amount of time, you might have figured out I am not a 24/7 Domina, sleeping in latex PJs with a stable of slaves tending to my needs from the moment I wake to the moment I sleep. (Barf. I could never have a live in slave. I REALLY value my alone time.) While I am lifestyle--I play in my personal life--I am not a constant dominant diva. I turn up the intensity in play and swell with the high of being the dominant in session, but after, I am a pretty boring nerd-chick.

I have seen other dommes obsessed with their image and protocol. From never wearing a choker necklace (Collars are for slaves!) to never letting a slave see you clean. (Seriously, screw that. After play you WILL see me scrub all the toys and no you can't help me, you won't do it right. You WILL know that everything is immaculately clean and how hard I work.) Of course social media plays heavily into that and I have seen domina's go our of their ways to pretend they are living the super life.

How do you view the life of dominas? Has it changed over the years? Have you been disappointed? Have you gotten to see behind the curtain?