I returned to the scene in the mid-1980s after years being away. While I did try to see Belle De Jour again (by that time her sessions were rare) the first year I was back I began sessioning with Mistress Lissette, a mature, experienced domina who had a play space right next door to the Blue Note Café in the Village. I must have sessioned with her three or four times. My office back then was in the West 20s off of 7th Avenue in Manhattan and at lunch one day I saw this petite, mature, quite busty woman in jeans and a sports jacket walking towards me. She wore no makeup and her long hair was in a ponytail and I must have done a double- or triple-take. She was gorgeous. The first look was, "Wow!" not recognizing her in street clothes. The second and third looks were like, "Wait... That's Mistress Lissette!"

I called her the next day and asked, "Were you on 7th Avenue..." and before I could finish she said, "Yes I was. And I saw you. If you EVER see me again in public DO NOT say HELLO! If you do I will ignore you and NEVER session with you AGAIN!"

Those are words to live by, for subs and dominas, since we all should value each other's privacy.