I will always accept a safeword protocol if the Domme insists. However, I prefer not to use code or safewords simply because shortly after a session begins I am very quickly in a pretty deep subspace. At that point, I am probably not going to be very objective in terms of my ability to continue. For this reason, I only play with very experienced Dommes who, as several of you have stated in this thread, have the ability to monitor and read a sub's condition and reactions. That is my decision but I realize I anm ultimately responsible for my own safety in a session. I just believe that the Domme is a better equipped to read my reactions than I will be while I am in subspace.

However, I wont hesitate to communicate if there is something happening that the Domme might not be aware of. For example, I have been told that I am very heavy leather bondage slut, and every once in a great while the restrictive bondage significantly interferes with my breathing, and I don't mean a hand over the mouth or pinched nostrils. The Domme has always stopped the session, asked me if there is problem, I tell her what's happening, she makes the necessary adjustment and the session gets right on back on track. I have had to do the same thing a few times when I got slightly dizzy, with the same results. These experiences are truly one "off type" of things and in my opinion experienced Dommmes appreciate the communication and are fantastic at dealing with it quickly and getting right back into the swing of things. Pun intended!