I don't know, obviously, but I got the impression that was her way of doing things in general, and not just the way she was with that particular guy.

If that's true it must work for her if she's successful. I guess I'm always drawn to toxic energy, but I could see how that would work for some guys. It's something that I know I couldn't do, but I still understood the appeal of it when I read the post.

I heard a story about a really iconic woman, back in the 90s. She saw a guy, and it was very intense. In the middle of a long session, she sent him out to buy something -- food, maybe wine, I can't remember -- and he was so freaked out he just left.

She called him up at home and told him that leaving the way he did was very rude, that she had been terribly worried, and that the only way he could make it up to her would be to bring her what was a pretty large sum of money in those days. So he did.

The guy was a client of a woman I was friends with -- that's how I heard about it. My friend was really pissed off about it. In her opinion, the woman had clearly pushed the guy way too far, and when he freaked out, she guilted him into giving her more money.

It's not like that was the worst thing I had ever heard. But the woman who supposedly did it was super famous. She was famous enough that many people would still know her name now.

I really do get that the only way this whole scene can work is if people approach it as a way to have fun and interesting experiences, and don't get carried away. But a certain number of people do want to get carried away.

I definitely agree with you that it's important that everyone know what the score is, though.