subjohn, some Dommes ask for IDs. I don't know everyone who does, but I would imagine that it's something for people who have no one to vouch for them. So, if you have legit pros who can give you a reference, then either She doesn't feel comfortable receiving a reference from those Dommes (sorry to say, you can't trust that every Domme vets safely), She is just being extra careful, or She's new and doesn't quite know how things typically go.

You could politely ask Her about it. Ultimately, just respect that's how She feels safe and either agree to Her protocol or don't.

Originally Posted By Cheyenne
I never had an issue that an id would have made a difference, not for sessions. ... Only one loony that I can think of got through the cracks, in all of that time. An id would not have mattered in that case. ... An id doesn't stop a mentally unstable person.

When it comes to safety measures, it's not about eliminating risk. None of us can eliminate risk -- with anything.

When understanding the psychology of a predator, some methods will reduce your risk of being a victim. And ID can do that and it's why some Dommes may ask for it.