I survived this round on Twitter. My account keeps nipping up at 10K folllowers, but as many of my followers are dommes of all flavours, I am watching them fall off the map with suspended accounts.

Just like Instagram (I was unceremoniously deleted) and the BackPage crisis of 18 months ago, this could send the industry spinning again. I am not worried myself--I never depended 100% on social media, though many do. It is not if, but when all of our accounts will go *poof*!

Where will we go next? Social media (technically BBSs are social media, but more old school) is a nice way to see many dommes at once--what they are doing, getting a sense of our personalities, watching us banter across oceans. The OnlyFans and the many copies of this model are a format of content providing rather than community. What will we do?

Of note I noticed most of the suspended accounts seemed to be automated tweets from NiteFlirt, OnlyFans, Clips4Sale, AdultWork and the like. Interestingly enough these sites have become completely dependant upon dommes promoting their own profiles. They provide little or no promotion. (Clips4Sale being the exception, but still not great.) These companies and dommes dependant on online gigs will be harmed the most, IMHO.