I have seen jealousy in this business on both sides of the fence and I just hate it. I have seen subs get jealous of other subs because they think the Domme is closer to another sub, spends more time with him, gets better gifts from him, etc. I once had a guy say he would never review our sessions because he didn't want anyone else to see me. Talk about a false economy.

What is worse though is when Dommes get jealous of each other. I recently had a Mistress in another city tell Me she was put off because I had suggested one of my subs see her as part of his ongoing training. Her logic was that he had seen her a couple of times in the past, so I guess she thought she owned him. Unfortunately this type of attitude is common. I have had subs reluctant to list references because they were afraid the other Domme would be angry that they were seeing someone else. I've even seen Dommes try to destroy the reputation of another because a "valued" sub defected.

My opinion is that if a sub wants to see another Domme, he should. If he ends up feeling more compatible with the other Domme, he should continue to see her. If he wants to come back to me at some point, that's fine too. I won't hate him for it or get angry at the other Domme. If you truly value someone, you should want that person to be happy.

I work in a shared space with several other Dommes. That has also fostered a live and let live attitude in me. A lot of the guys we see like to return to the familiar. Guys that have seen me like the space and they trust me, so if they are coming to town and I can't see them, they often ask me to refer them to one of my Domme Sisters and I have no issue with that. Many of my Dungeon Mates do the same for me. That has fostered an environment where subs feel they can explore safely and be open and truthful about their experiences.

I would love to hear other's experiences with jealousy as either a Domme or a sub.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn