I love many Dommes, but I've never been "in love" with any of them.

I lust after them, am enamored by them, I love the worshipful feelings they induce in me and I love the anguished states they draw out of me. Some I have considered friends. And, I love my friends.

I've certainly fantasized about having some kind of relationship with some Dommes outside of formal sessions, but that's doesn't necessarily imply I'm "in love".

Perhaps my definition of "in love" is tainted. Or perhaps it lack a sufficiently rigorous definition upon which people can agree. But, to me it's at least associated with a jealous desire to occupy a unique/special/privileged place in their lives. In some ways it runs opposite to submission where I want to be of service to someone who has no return obligation to give me a central level of attention. I don't need to be their one and only to feel fulfilled in my role. I'm way past being susceptible to feeling jealous; I only want the people I love to be happy.

A pet can love it's master and vice versa. That can be powerful and real and special and meaningful and entirely different from being classically "in love". Just my opinion.