Ayn

I have spent quite some time of my life in Europe, the US and a also a bit in Asia.
Sounds all more exciting than it is. I wouldn't assume to be an expert in global BSDM. And my mindset is probably mostly European.

It is not just in the context of BDSM, but in any aspect of life, I like to deal with people who have a healthy self-confidence, who are happy with whom they are.
Who don't have teeth as white that you need to put on sunglasses, and who don't have perfect silicon shaped body-parts, but who are fine with their imperfections.

Back to the subject:
Overplaying it, just sounds and feels "totally fake" as you word it more eloquently than I did. It feels like the dome tries to be somebody she isn't.

To me the biggest fascination in BDSM is power-exchange. And for that I like to play with a self-confident person.

Now I am getting on thin ice:
Overall, and overly generalized: I have the impression that women in Europe have a more natural self-confidence than American women, and the further South or East you go in Europe the higher the self-confidence in regards to their (female) personality, and that reflects on the session.