Posters using Backpage to post iffy ads and perpetrate scams has always been an issue but the recent developments (the withdrawal of their credit card processors) has made it even more of a minefield. Accepting ads with a "pay later" policy has made BP even more anonymous and notorious.

Recently two subs have told Me about similar scams they fell for - A well known Mistress posts an ad in their mid sized city. They are ecstatic that a Domme of this caliber is visiting their town, so they contact them about setting up a session. They are asked for a deposit, which is a common request when a Domme travels - and once the deposit is sent, poof - they never hear from the Mistress again and in a day or two the ad disappears. I am sure this type of scam has been going on for years on BP - I just think it's odd that I have heard of two in such short succession.

The common thread with these two scams is that the Domme was recognizable by her name and photos and the sub contacted them through the means provided on backpage (either the backpage email system or a phone or email listed in the ad). If they had only gone to the Dommes official website and contacted Her there, they would have found out she was not coming to their town and the Domme would then know that Her images and reputation were being used to scam the unsuspecting.

Oddly enough neither of these subs contacted the real Mistress to tell her what was going on. I would want to know. I've had My photos used in other's ads (usually it's a Mistress in that town that tells Me about it) and I contact both the poster and backpage asking that they take them down. Backpage is actually very good about doing this. To My knowledge, I have never had My name and photos used. That would infuriate Me.

I still use backpage and I am not suggesting that subs not respond to ads, but be careful how you respond. Take the conversation off backpage and double check that the phone number and email listed on the ad match the information on the Domme's site.

If any of you have experiences/advice to share, please do.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn