Originally Posted By MsRoseWoods

Is body type a major factor?

Yes. I like several types, but I have to find the prodomme physically compelling.

Quote:

Does age and experience play a role.

Yes on both.

Some of the younger prodommes look like high school girls to me who broke into their mother's lingerie drawers. Kills the attraction.

Experience is pure magic. Combined with personality and rapport can override a lot of other things and make for sessions that are remembered for years.

Quote:

Does social media (posts, photos, clips) influence your choice?

Yes. It helps me know the professional a little better and it is the start of making a rapport.

Quote:

How important is a Domme's website?

Important. No web site or a poor web site ( right or wrong ) makes me thing the person is a low effort professional

Quote:

Do interviews and blogs help you to make a decision?

Yes, and for the same reasons I described for social media participation.

Quote:

Do you research a Mistress before scheduling, or is physical attraction enough?

Research.

I had that session with the awesome looking woman in kinky clothes who didn't know what she was doing. It was a very luke warm experience.

Quote:

Do positive or negative reviews effect your decision?

Positive reviews, no. You can always find someone to post a platitudinous review and many professionals do.

Negative reviews,yes. At least on The Hang negative reviews bring a lot of negative attention to the author of the review. If someone posts a negative review, publicly ( not in a PM ), my thinking is either the session was bad enough that they are will take the risk of censure to tell other people OR the person is a crank who really wants to stick it to the professional.

Quote:

Do you normally choose the same type of Mistress repeatedly, or do you see every new-traveling Domme who comes your way?

Neither. I would rather stick with the same professional, but the ones I really like are all a significant trip away from me.

I find hotel sessions to be kind of lack luster as a rule. I have had some sessions where the professional was a wizard and it didn't matter.

Quote:

Is a Mistress's session rate a deal breaker, if it's above a certain amount?

Yes.

I don't mind some variation, but there were some professionals I contacted whose rates were significantly higher than the going rate of the time. Some I could see why they thought they could charge more, some I could not. Regardless it was more than I wanted to pay so I diplomatically backed out of arranging the session.