Thank you for opening, as you usually do, such an interesting subject. It seems that it touched a raw nerve and created lots of subtopics, many deserving their own threads.

To me the biggest differentiation is not sex but age. I think that the new generation has attention deficit syndrome, cannot focus for more than 8 seconds on a subject, and a lot of the rest follows. Tweet is good, email is bad. Facebook is preferable to picking up the phone. Short bursts of superficial multicast messages are preferable to a serious one on one conversation.

You see these from men, I see it from women, including mistresses. As I said I think that age trumps sex.

I agree with you 200% on the problems of equating a mistress with a SW. To me it seems this started a few years ago. I fought, hard, against it, I got so much push back that I am not doing it any longer, although I totally disagree.

It is obvious that SW do things that dommes don't, and vice versa. It is way more difficult to train as a mistress, and I do not understand why they insist they are just SWers.

I noticed on this matter a division by tier and age too.