A few years ago I was in a relationship with a woman who was into those kind of protocol you describe, with the snaps and all. It wasn't really a match for me, for a lot of different reasons, but I was something like 18/19 years old, and at the time I could say yes to any relationship as long as I was horny and would eventually be tied and gagged at some point :-)

I don't like those kind of protocols in a relationship.
It feels too automatic for me, and I can't find the sense in it. I am way more into submission than discipline. When engaged in a private relation, I like to fully be myself, with all my fanciness. I can do my little monkey dance in the living room, beat you at Mario Kart, and still be deeply yours. I feel like these kind of protocols tend to "dehumanize" and curb one's personality. In fact, you often notice that a D/s couple using these protocols have a very unbalanced relationship, not the kind of relation in which you can perform your monkey dance. I understand how and why some people love it, but I just don't.

Though, it is something than I can appreciate in long term sessions in that it makes sense here, like I experienced it in my 4-day stay at Warsaw Prison, where discipline and routine are essential. It's cool when it comes along with a certain context, for a limited time. This wouldn't apply to short regular sessions though.

On the other hand, just like you, I really like (need?) the in and out transition you're talking about in a session. When I'm visiting a pro-domme who doesn't do that, it's always a bit emtionally challenging for me and I have to push myself a little to enter the headspace, rather than the headspace coming to me, which would be easier.

Edited by BDSAIME (08/16/19 07:47 PM)