I have never considered myself a "High Protocol Mistress"--one who outlines specific etiquette exclusive to the D/s (perhaps all) interactions. On the other hand I have always enjoyed watching others engage in it; seeing a mistress with a well trained slave who assumes the prescribed position at a snap, or starts a task with a soft clap of the hands. It is admittedly pretty cool witness, however, I have never been able to do it. Not that I don't have the ability, it just seems a forced and unless I am in a headspace just doesn't work for me.

I would be curious who out there has done this in an on-going relationship. How did you feel in this?

Conversely, I do think I am a very "Ritualistic" mistress, especially about the transition into and out of session. It is important to me to be able to speak with someone out of role for clear outlines of interests and limits. It is also important to meet in the dungeon at first out of role, then after I separate from the slave I begin to get myself in the headspace and then when the sub returns I begin my ritual of the slave on the floor and my soft spoken instructions.

I have found that in doing this both my sub and I can fall deep in to our respective headspaces. Even now I am amazed how deep I can go and the frontiers I can (safely) cross by following this.

Perhaps I am splitting hairs with protocol and ritual. Thoughts?