As always, you have offered up some amazing insight and a well written post.

Regarding social media - a big YES of agreement on your thoughts about that - on so many levels that it's dizzying.

1. Subs often say they like Twitter because it gives them a better sense of us as people. Maybe the days when we were more of a mystery were better. Familiarity breeds contempt. We are not perfect and when potential subs see us acting imperfectly, as you mentioned, it could erode the pedestal we have been up on.

2. As MistressNumber1 stated there are so many newly minted "dommes" on Twitter that it gives the appearance that a good Domme is easy to come by.

3. Which brings me to this - FINDOMS- which I left out of my OP and I think someone else brought up in a thread. Like the SW label the lines get blurred with Findoms vs RT session Dommes and I guess some guys think every woman that calls herself a Mistress or a Domme is alike. If I judged Dommes only from what I see on social media I would think the lot of them were greedy, grasping, narcissistic and not particularly bright - because the majority of "dommes" on Twitter are wannabe FinDoms. As an example, a Domme follows me on Twitter - I glance at the profile, it looks normal, I follow her back as a courtesy and then my feed gets filled with "loser send me money now" tweets. I was sucked in momentarily and I am a Domme! **End of FinDom rant**

By the way, I got off FaceBook about 2 years ago. I keep a profile up so I can post events but I don't log in for updates or post. I told my friends that if I didn't get off Facebook I would end of hating them all. Bitching and bragging. Crying or crowing. I just could't take it anymore. Maybe subs are getting to the same point too.

Originally Posted By BDSAIME
It is a shame to say, but I think that to a lot of men, being a SW (a "regular prostitute") is somehow shameful and disgraceful. So as you said, pro-dommes identification as SW could impact how these men see them and the respect they are showing. True!

That is exactly what I meant. Thanks for the expounding on this.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn