Interesting topic!

I'm French so I don't know much about FOSTA/SESTA. But I do have an opinion on the rest.

I'm thinking of two main things:
-Societywide uberisation
-The growing popularity of BDSM

•Societywide uberisation as nowadays everything tend to be only more of a service than a exchange between two people. This could lead to pro dominas being seen more as domination supplier than actual women, actual persons, that deserve the same respect if not more than anybody else, even if you pay for it.

•BDSM has gained a lot of popularity in past few years, for the better and the worse. 50 shades of grey for example has been a major factor in this.
This point concerns only new clients though. The thing is, BDSM could now know more men who want to try new things, who want a thrill ; than "true" submissive men for whom BDSM is way more than a thrill, and whose profil is more encline to show women a lot of genuine respect.

Also, I think that Twitter could be a factor. Pro-dommes express themselves more, as women and not only through their profession, which is cool. It's not rare to see a domina mocking an anonymous client or saying all about what they think is wrong about clients or men in general.
I will accept being blamed for my clichés, but I do believe than submissive men have more often a fragile emotional construct than the regular man with regular interests for sex and women. To feel targeted by this kind of mocking or blaming tweets from a pro-domme, a woman who they thought was supposed to accept them, comfort them, could lead to some sort of disdain I think. The disenchantment to see that pro-dommes are actually the same women they can cross in the street.

Your point with the growing dommes identification as SW is VERY relevant I think. Your topic is a subject I had already questioned myself about, but I didn't think of that.
It is a shame to say, but I think that to a lot of men, being a SW (a "regular prostitute") is somehow shameful and disgraceful. So as you said, pro-dommes identification as SW could impact how these men see them and the respect they are showing. True!

Edited by BDSAIME (08/14/19 01:55 PM)