I am continuing the conversation started in the "Server not found" thread because the discussion veered towards a new topic.

My expectations is that in the near future we are getting into a period with two similar forums, here and at MF. There will be members belonging only to one and some overlapping.

It is a trade-off, it can split the community, but there is safety in numbers, if one of the sites runs in legal troubles there will be an automatic backup.

Presently there is more activity here, coming from a smaller (but not small) number of more active users. MF is slowly coming back to life, and it is anybody's guess how far it will go.

If you want to get a larger community here, the best way is to get your friends or mistresses to join, or to post in both places. Probably most of the MF members who did not join, really don't feel like giving another try to anything new.

Those who have joined are the ones the most active at this particular moment of time. So I expect a split of character between the two sites determined by a few factors.

MF is more NY centric, while Domina more Atlanta. Domina is smaller and has more mistress involvement. This creates a different climate, where most posters know each other, and a more civil discourse.

Domina has a few things going for it, which make me optimistic about its future. First the admin capability might be determinant in future.

MF can happily slog around without an Admin, until some point is reached where an Admin is absolutely necessary. This will happen because of change, be it technical, where without a change some must have new feature can't be accommodated, or legal, that something will have to be done for compliance.

The other part is that history is made by people, not by the blind forces of history. Domina has been extremely nimble in this crisis, it made all the right moves, and unlike MF which lost Max Fisch it has its founders here. To me their face is Mistress Ayn, and I expect her to make history.