Tabula

Your comment and concern is well taken and very fair.

It was not the first time I had played with the domme, and we had quite a few experiences with mutual overpowering, we had gradually drifted into that. So it would have been perfectly fine with her.

However I wasn't sure how much her friend "Nadia" was briefed, as I had not been involved into her briefing.

And I definitely wouldn't have done it, if she hadn't set up the atmosphere by provoking me, and this in a quite teasing way. So I took her up on it.

But I fully agree with you that such a situation can easily get out of hands. We really both played it well: she remained cool and in play mode, and I eventually backed off before she asked me to do so.

In terms of the "unspoken" rule about how to behave with a domme. Mutual respect is always a given - in any human interaction.
But in the end the session is a play, and I always put up some playful resistance when the domme transitions me. I want to feel her physical power, and so far I never ever had a negative response, but quite a few positive comments that they liked the playful physical challenge.

With Nadia it was not just limited resistance, it went quite further, and I agree with you that she easily could have interpreted my behavior as threatening rather than playful - which is why I think it fits into this thread.

In reference to the last words in your first sentence, that I am "very lucky".
Yes I am: Nadia is an amazing person and she is very successful in her own career. She isn't a pro-domme and I don't think she ever had a session with anybody else. But now and then we do have a multi-day session when both our time and travels allows, just to figure out how far we can push it! :-)