well, to give your idea part credit . . .

the one thing that could or can be fun is if they choose a number such-and-such and did 80% the number of strokes, and the guy is struggling, a domme who wishes to tease him more says . . .

I've actually decided that we will need to do 50 more than such-and-such for me to take me shirt off.

1) it gives the guy who is being caned the chance to really complain or protest about it if he has to do so and the domme the chance to save face by making it 3 or 5 or 10 extra only;
2) it creates mystery and intrigue;

The idea I have described a in the opening post is one that I suggested to a mistress I saw a few days ago and that was our plan . . . together with about 8 one-sentence variations I had written for her, with her having the option to choose any of the 8 . . .

the mistress did find a way to add 50 to our agreed upon number . . . and then she found a way to add another 27 . . . and another 20 . . .

We did the first hundred and things were fine and then
for what I thought would be 50, she says 100 more and gives some reason that didn't add up but I did not complain . . .

some of the 8 "options" I had given to her earlier included the idea of her adding to the number in various agreed upon ways

at 27 strokes of a paddle in the middle of the 2nd set of 100, I said, "Lets use a different implement" . . . She says, "Ok, sure, but we are starting back at zero. Please count."

But some domme who says she will cane me and then take her shirt off, and who does not . . . I'd think of her as very low and not in a favorable way. Dommes normally need to create enough happiness and joy and at least partly met expectation for the guy to come back and/or recommend her or think of her favorably.