Moderation... I opened this thinking it was about "moderation" in session activities, the number of sessions a year, etc., etc. LOL!

About having moderators for this type of site, I was a member of MF, off and on, since around 1999 or so. I bounced in and out of MF because I was in and out of the scene... and the famous "flame wars" that occurred.

I joined MF back then after being "ordered" to by Empress Dominique who wanted me to provide wonderful reviews of my sessions with Her. (They weren't phony, the sessions were great and, by the pics on FetLife, she is as gorgeous as ever.)

Where I got into trouble was when I reviewed another Mistress. The Empress allowed me to see her as I recall. Being naïve to the ways of the "World Wide Web" circa 2000 I provided an honest review of this high-profile and gorgeous Mistress. I basically said this Mistress (no I won't mention her name, I think she is still active on the West Coast) was gorgeous but that the session was lousy... and she had an attitude.

Well, not only did that Mistress get after me, so did Empress Dominique, who said I embarrassed her and ordered me to publicly apologize. (The Empress said a bad review on MF back then hurt business.) I was told to ask MF to take the review down and, I think, that was done before I had a chance to email the request.

In the years I have returned to MF, and joined this site, subs and Mistresses seem a lot more supportive rather than confrontational. (Obviously I don't visit the political part of MF or this site.) Moderators of this type of site is great, but so many of us have learned to moderate ourselves, be a bit more understanding, and watch our words carefully.