Hello,I always enjoyed your posts.

I think that moderation is a tool, like an ax. It can be used to cut wood or to cut heads. It is also something of a given for a site, some have it, some don't and this is usually not negotiable.

I am just starting to get acquainted to this site, at this point I spend more time reading old content on MF, around 2011, which I consider kind of a golden age. To my surprise I find there more people thinking like me and feeling like me, and nowadays this is not too common.

Returning to this site, and this is a first impression, it has done the heavy lifting, because the most difficult part is to bootstrap. I know how hard it s to move the needle, I tried at MF but the inertia is huge.

I think that here there is an interesting history at play. My impression is that the original success here was by establishing a niche, mistresses unhappy for a reason or another with MF. It established a good infrastructure administrative and otherwise in a leisurely way, on low traffic.

As MF ran into problems, some of the active users there joined in. In the most recent run my favorite alternative was Lady Cheyenne's site, because she had proved her business acumen for a period of over 10 years, but this site was up and running, well structured and quick on its feet, and it became the favorite alternative.

Now success can bring its own problems. IMHO some of the problems seen as lack of moderators were really about a big volume, big traffic site with lots of posters. When you have more users you have more outliers.

If you want to read posts, there is a lot to read. There are a lot of users coming and going, a lot more difference of nuances and opinions, and eventually it becomes a different ball game.

Repeatedly you have to make choices, are you going to be inclusive or exclusive, and to what degree? Do you want to keep your character, which started as a protest, or do you want to become a replacement of the largest community, and in the process become your parent you rebelled against? Future will tell.