Hello Komodo,

I am one of the few people still around who started posting at Max Fisch almost from the beginning.

In its hey day it was moderated.

The best thing about The Hang, what drove it for everyone, were the dominatrixes who visited there.

When the site changed hands, the site was not a concern for the owners. I think they allowed it to stay up out of respect for that fact that a community formed there.

Moderation slowed down and then ended.

The women felt disrespected and with no recourse to do anything about it. They started leaving and the site became the shadow of what it was once was.

We are extremely fortunate for the kindness of the owners of The Buzz who have given us a similar place to go to. A moderated one, like The Hang was back in its hey day.

I've talked with a number of women who left The Hang, and other web boards. Lack of moderation, lack of recourse for their concerns was the first thing they listed as what drove them away and what they would want if they ever decided to start posting on a web board again.

I even saw a prodomme on Twitter, still angry, more than 15 years later about getting rubbished on The Hang with nobody helping her. After all that time she was still sneering about how she felt mistreated......and ignored.

If more women come to The Buzz it will be because they trust the environment and that means moderation.

I've been using the Internet since before there were GUI operating systems. Outside of a few situations with unbalanced individuals I have never had a problem with politely expressing facts and opinions.