Originally Posted By Mistress Kiva Krimson

I started at $200 per hour and stuck to $250 for years. Recently I've raised my rates to $300. I seriously don't believe a $100 increase in 23 years is unreasonable. Rent was $675 23 years ago, it's now $1800.

Relatively speaking, that's true. However my income hasn't increased by 50% in 23 years, in fact since I've retired, it's dropped by about 30% while utilities, taxes, food, and gasoline (yours, too, of course) has risen close to the percentage increase of your rent.

Another thing is that some people just have a psychological barrier when it comes to spending money for something that's not a necessity. My thing used to be the $100 half-hour spanking. Now I'm willing to pay up to $150 for what I hope (or know) will be a really special session, but most $300/hr pros will either ignore my request, tell me to go pound sand, or patiently explain that dividing up an hour of their time just doesn't work that way. I understand and move on.

For what I'm looking for, I've found a few house dommes who do good work and, even with a tip, are within my budget, but I understand that most subs around here prefer something more involved, in activity, facilities, and time.