Once upon a time, there were high end indies and houses for those who worked on shifts. The houses were good for a less expensive, last minute fix. Indies charged more but were much more invested in what they were doing (normally).

Along came BackPage and those dabbling didn't need to work at a house. The barrier to entry was null. Anyone who needed a quick bit of cash could pee on a few guys in their living room and then just take down the ad again. Love it or hate it, this kept all session prices low and put all the houses out of business. Session prices were low, but indies could now travel all over and take advantage of being the "New Flavour." Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Backpage went down just over a year ago and decimated the business. No more tours no more dabblers. Incredible shake out in the business. Where there was 100+ dommes, now stands the 20 survivors. Now who can you see? The 20 survivors now have 5 times the business--and, to be fair, a lot more risk. Session prices are just making a long over due correction.

BTW, my tribute has been (mostly) the same for 15 years.