Overall I'd prefer that politics be left out of the equation as we get enough of it crammed in every orifice from the media almost 24/7 anymore (and it's not as fun as a Mistress cramming things in them). I certainly understand the professionals discussing issues that directly affect them professionally. What I don't understand is why so many people (used to see it on the Hang) come to a BDSM site and rant, argue and attack people over politics. Set up a politics board of your own and invite people there if you must spend lots of time ranting about things like that.

I've also found that some people on opposite ends of the spectrum can have rational and intelligent discussions about politics. Others fly off the handle and go into attack mode over everything and frequently know very little about what they are saying.

In the end, to me it's probably best if a Mistress sticks to professional things to minimize the risk of people avoiding her or get herself attacked, either literally or verbally. I wouldn't do so, but would just avoid someone whose stances became a turn off.