Originally Posted By tabula

My dentist is not a cavity-filling machine, just like my Domme is not a fetish dispensing machine. These wonderful women are not just Dommes, they are multi-faceted human beings just like everyone else.

Your dentist -- and your lawyer, and your doctor -- are a perfect example. Chances are, one or more of them have social media, web pages, other outreach. If your dentist is like mine, that media is absolutely devoid of political content (go look -- I'm sure it's true) ... except, perhaps, something that we might seek common cause for, like some bill that regulates fluoride or whatever. To me, that's what business outreach should look like. I actually do know about my cardiologist's political views, in detail -- we needle each other over politics all the time, in private, in the office. But he recognizes that patients coming to his webpage or whatever to seek his services probably shouldn't be subjected to his political views -- his marketing outreach across various media is professional.

Quote:

These wonderful women are not just Dommes, they are multi-faceted human beings just like everyone else.

You're saying that as if you're teaching me something I don't know. My dentist and my doctor are multi-faceted human beings just like everyone else also. They've made the smart decision not to bombard patients with their political views on social media. In fact, none of my cherished providers of services, from my doctor to my CMT to my plumber, post about their political views on their social media. Why are dommes different than everyone else? Should they be subject to lower standards for some reason?

Anyway, I respect your alternative view that you welcome domme political views, not trying to invalidate your feelings or be argumentative; I just disagree, and don't see why dommes shouldn't follow the high standards of other skilled providers of services. Political views for which we should all have common cause -- FOSTA/SESTA, in the case of pro dommes -- being the common exception.

Edited by Swordfish (06/16/19 02:09 PM)