I said this earlier on Twitter, but I think it is valid to reiterate here. The shooter commiting suicide rather than being arrested and having a trial is by far the greatest posible outcome of this tragic situation. Justice was done and the family can grieve privately.

Every news report is just a blurb, and it only mentions Goddess Sadie as just another victim of gun violence. They include no details about her life beyond her name and age. Not to bring racism into the picture but I do wonder if the coverage would have been different if Goddess Sadie was white. Just imagine the coverage by the sensationalist media if they had actually paid attention or got a hold of the full story before a trial.

Profesional Dominatrix is murdered by transexual submissive "boyfriend" during an argument.

Basically, every aspect of Goddess Sadie's life would be fodder to tittilate the masses and generate ratings. Anyone in the community who ever had a picture taken with Her and posted online would be thrown into the mix at some point. All of our posts here and at Max or in Twitter conversations with Her would be combed through as "background".

People who barely knew Her would go on crime shows acting like they were best friends wbich would start all kinds of drama with those who were. Not to even mention some possible ridiculous arguments that the defense would put forward in the media or the trial itself. It would have been disgusting and probably would have outed/destroyed many innocent people along the way.

Not to in any way diminish the tragedy of Goddess Sadie's death or the suicide of the person who pulled the trigger. But if it wasn't for the media doing such a terrible job of investigating, this could have had a devastating effect on many, many people within our community and the community as a whole. But, because the case is now closed without any of that hitting the media Goddess Sadie will be remembered by those who knew and created about Her, but not dragged through the mud for the vanilla's amusement... And that is only the case because of the suicide.