Po,

I didn't mean to imply that baby Dommes all fall into the same category, because we know that isn't true of any group of women and especially not dominant ones. I was speaking in a generalization about the ease of entry because of social media and the way that most younger Dommes are "learning their craft" nowadays versus how it was only 10-15 years ago.

In-person sessioning, actually meeting & making friends with experienced Dommes, and interacting with clients that are actually submissive (rather than those that are just looking to get their rocks off in a kinky way) very much seems to change the way newbies view the world. However, it is difficult to completely drop beliefs that were formed when you were growing up, especially when it is still supported and considered to be valid within your peer group, and I think that translates into how someone learns and establishes themselves as a Domme. For this reason, I expect that those wrong-headed ideas will persist even as a lot of these younger Dommes mature in the industry.

As for the rest, I 100% agree with everything you are saying and it is only counter-intuitive for those who look at the BDSM activity itself rather than the relationship within D/s. Why does a Domme give the hardest beating, the most grizzly medical play, or horrible degradation to the sub? Either because that directly fulfills a need in the sub or because those activities are what the Domme enjoys and it fulfills a need in the sub to do whatever it takes to bring that Domme that enjoyment.

In either case, for the great Ones, what they do is out of a combination of understanding what the sub needs from the Domme and what they want from the sub beyond just some cash. You see all the great Pro Dommes dismiss clients because they are not fulfilling Their needs as a Domme. In many cases, this costs them money (in some cases, very substantial amounts) but they still do it because at a certain level it IS about that caring and personal fulfillment.