I have just had a bucket-list type, mind blowing, session that has me still in a state of Euphoria, 4 days later. AND this was with a 'baby' Dominatrix, so to speak. I'm mentioning it because it probably is still coloring my opinion, but here goes anyways...

I find that Dommes, especially Dommes that have staying power tend to be extraordinary people, just in general. I have taken the opportunity to talk at length with a few and have never regretted it. I have almost always learned something new, and they have frequently made me reconsider my assumptions, and re-examine myself.

I'm just about the most mild mannered guy imaginable, a big teddybear. But i have and will get angry when I hear people being shamed or classified in an out-group for their sexuality, or their choice of a career as an "erotic" services provider.

In my opinion, it may seem counter-intuitive but even in the hardest beating, most grizzly medical play, or horrible degradation, these things are better or even best when they originate from a place of caring rather than hatred. Anger, annoyance or other such temporary states can be channeled and often are but real hatred is a two edged sword that will both destroy and lead to self destruction.

I recall reading a Domme writing that she always wanted to leave her Subs as better people than they were when she found them.

I agree partially with your assessment of the current state of the culture and gender relations, and find it thoroughly depressing. However I believe that they will find their balance, if and when the old forces that cultivate hatred and distrust are silenced and/or die out.

Edited by Poester (12/16/18 01:42 AM)